9 months

>> September 20, 2012

9 months.  You think I'd realize by now that time just really isn't going to slow down and I need to accept it.  But, how has it already been 9 months?  Some mornings I look at Lucy and think, "you are still supposed to be an itty bitty newborn!"  But, nope, she's not.  She is an on-the-go, ready to move and explore little girl.  How I wish I could slow down time.

At 9 months Lucy is:

Weight (I left my scale at work so we'll find out on Tuesday at her check-up!)
Eating: Still breastfeeds 1-2 times at night and 4-5 times during the day.  Likes to eat about 2 meals and 2 snacks a day. And still doesn't like to drink from a bottle or sippy cup.
Food:  Her favorites are: bananas, pears, avocado, Cheerios, salmon, pumpkin, oatmeal, nectarines, peas, green beans, yogurt and turkey meatballs!
She's not a huge fan of butternut squash, spinach, rice and carrots.  We'll keep working on it.
Teeth: 2 bottom and  now 2 on top!
Clothes: wearing 12 month clothes, hates socks and is quickly refusing headbands.
Toys: her favorites are her table top toy, her push car, singing pig, teething rings and stacking rings.
Sleep: 2 naps and 10 hours at night (usually waking up once to eat and cuddle)
Play time:  She is on the move!  Loves to crawl everywhere (and fast), climb the stairs, cruise the furniture, jump in her jumper, push her car across the room and swing at the park.
Personality: She is still a happy, content, mellow, cuddly baby.  But, I'm quickly seeing her stubborness and persistent side come out.  When she wants something (usually the dog toys), she'll keep going after it over and over again, no matter how many times I try to move or distract her.  And, each time she gives me that "look" like she totally understands what I'm saying but could care less about listening to me!  Uh oh.

Lucy, we love you so much!  You are my favorite 9 month old. 
 "Really, this bear again?"
 "Okay, I'll smile for you.  Only because you are making a ridiculous face right now!"
"Are we done yet?  I have things to do!"

0 comments:

Post a Comment