this week.

>> January 16, 2016

January is usually the gloomy month. Post Christmas excitement, cold and wet weather, germs invading every home and families returning to routine and structure. We've definitely had parts of that but I'm determined to throw in a little fun too!
Part of the grown-up fun is this new beauty. A brand new dishwasher! When we bought the house the bank put in new appliances but the dishwasher just didn't seem to be working properly. Mildew grew around the interior, dishes weren't dried all the way and it started making this super annoying buzzing sound that seemed to intensify with each passing week. So, it was time for a new one! After 2 weeks of hand washing dishes while we waited for the installation I couldn't be happier. Definitely not how I wanted to spend a big chunk of money when there are so many other house projects on hold but it was needed.

 While Carter is at school in the mornings Lucy, Simon and I try to be creative each day. Some mornings we have play dates, swim lessons, library time, shopping at Target or playtime at home but this particular morning Lucy begged me to bake cookies. I made her do all of it on her own (except read the recipe) and she was amazing! To be honest, they may have turned out better than my own cookies.



 And then this happened. January germs. Ugh. Lucy woke up one night vomiting and couldn't stop for 7 straight hours. Poor girl was just miserable and Matt and I spent all night cleaning up her room, her bedding, and her floor. I was determined to keep it contained and not have this nasty stomach bug get to the rest of us. So I deep cleaned the entire house over and over again. And we were safe.......for a week. And then Carter got it. Now this house has been disinfected about a dozen times in the past 3 days. I think I've wiped every single surface, followed the kids around with disinfecting wipes as they've played and washed my hands more times than I can count. Praying we are done with this virus and can move on with our lives!
 Simon has just been the greatest baby. He is so chill, just goes with the flow and is willing to be put down wherever is convenient so we can get things done sometimes. Lately it's been the kitchen floor so I can prep meals or clean. Good job buddy!
 He turned 7 months old this past week (what?!?), has 4 new teeth and is starting to enjoy eating a variety of solids. Each first bite is taken with a very confused, unsure look of disgust but then he claps his hands and grunts for another bite. I'd say it's a success! He also has grown accustomed to napping anywhere he can. Third child syndrome has played a large role in his little life. Between school pick up and drop off, preschool pick up and drop off, babysitting friends kids, playdates, swim lessons, grocery store trips and walks to the park he gets woken up quite a bit to be taken on the next adventure. Thank goodness he doesn't seem to mind and will cat nap throughout the day in the car, my arms, the ergo and stroller. Love this sweet sleeping boy!


 And Lucy is back into her weekly swim lessons! This girl is just loving the water and learning so much.
The rest of our week? Cheering on the Seahawks for a playoff victory and a trip to the Pacific Science Center! Stay tuned...

0 comments:

Post a Comment