34.

>> July 2, 2016

To celebrate my birthday last week (officially in my mid-thirties!) we decided to go out to breakfast. Going out to eat with 3 small children as a birthday gift? Yes, not exactly the image of a calm, relaxing morning but we went for it. We never go out to breakfast and really rarely go out to eat at all. But, we've heard over and over again that the Maltby Cafe is absolutely delicious, so much so that there are lines out the door every weekend. Since Matt took the day off work for my birthday we figured a weekday would be safe to try it out. And it was so delicious!!! I completely forgot to take picture of the amazing cinnamon roll french toast I had but just picture 2 huge slices of warm, gooey, cinnamon-y goodness topped with a drizzle of maple syrup....oh my goodness. The kids love breakfast food and devoured their french toast too while Matt enjoyed some homemade biscuits and gravy. The perfect start to the day!

 We came home around 9am (early risers mean early breakfasts!) and I headed out for a little alone time to go shopping. I don't get much alone time so as much fun as shopping can be with a friend it's sometimes even better all by myself. I love to just wander the aisles, try on clothes slowly and buy random things. Any mom knows that there are few things in life better than a solo trip to Target.
 After lunch I had to get practical and do some grocery shopping. Luckily there is a nail salon right next door! I had a certain someone who was eager to tag along for her very first pedicure. She was so funny. She asked SO many questions about how the whole process worked, kept wondering why all the other women were sitting quietly reading magazines and we were just talking and talking and talking. She was ticklish during the massage and thrilled when she saw the purple glitter nail polish. Needless to say, I have a feeling she's going to want to do this again sometime soon!


The day ended with a home cooked dinner, swim lessons and tired kids. But it was a simple celebration spend with those I love. I'm loving this season of my life and all it brings, here's to another great year!

0 comments:

Post a Comment