July recap.

>> July 30, 2018

Because I love this season and all the fun it brings I try to mix up adventure days with relaxing at home. I'd say we've had a pretty great July.
Matt took the kids bowling again and Carter beat him in both games! 

 We went back to our favorite beach with some friends. This time an extra walk to the touch tank and a stop for ice cream made for a pretty fun afternoon.

 Matt and I got to go out and celebrate his birthday by spending the evening wandering around downtown Edmonds. It's such a charming little city full of local shops and delicious food.

 These cinnamon sugar ricotta donuts with salted caramel sauce were ah-maz-ing!!
 The next morning we went out for brunch with Matt's family to keep the birthday celebration going as long as we could! I always love when I can get the boys out of athletic wear and put them in a polo, even for a few short hours. Carter actually asked to wear matching outfits too. Loved it!
 Summer wouldn't be complete without epic trips to Costco to stock up on snacks and fruit. It feels like we spend half our paycheck there each week but we couldn't live without it!

 Even though it's been so hot we are still baking as much as we can. Lucy found this recipe for chocolate madeleines all on her own and whipped up a batch. They turned out delicious!


 Swimming at McMenamins was on our bucket list too. Between swim lessons, beach trips and the pool they are turning into little fish.
 It's always hard for me to find time to just sit and relax but when I do my new go-to books are food memoirs. I'm loving this one from a local author and now can't wait to visit her restaurant soon.

 My best friend from college stopped by for a fun swim play date last week. These girls are only 5 weeks apart and are the cutest little friends.
 Another trip to the beach!
 And another nap on the couch. Poor guy. He's such a trooper on these long days when we are out and about.

 And yet another picnic dinner. I pride myself on meal planning but it's been so hot and our appetites have been pretty nonexistent most evenings so a simple dinner of cheese and crackers, fruit and veggies was perfect before running around a shaded park.

 And finally, homemade blueberry crisp for dessert. Nothing says summer more like fresh fruit crisp! It was a pretty wonderful July.


0 comments:

Post a Comment