Mothers Day.

>> May 10, 2010

This years mothers day was the best mothers day ever! Granted, it was my only mothers day ever (as a mom), but it was still the best. Matt had planned out a whole day of fun, but kept it a surprise until we were in the car driving to our destination on Sunday morning. The morning started around 4:30am when Carter decided he wanted some mama/Carter cuddle time. I let Matt sleep in until 7am! I did get to enjoy a nice cup of coffee and do some quick grocery shopping all by myself. We then got ready to go on our adventure. Carter and Mama (thanks for the cute outfit Aunt Joy!)

My 2 favorite boys!
Matt took me up to Semiahmoo for the day. It's a beautiful resort town on the water near the border. We had reservations for brunch and I was starving when we arrived. Matt let me go grab a plate of food while he hung out with Carter. Right as I was coming back to the table Carter had a huge blow-out...all over his new outfit! So, it was only fitting, on Mothers Day, to put down my plate of delicious food and run to the bathroom to change his entire outfit! (There wasn't a changing table in the men's bathroom or Matt would have done it). Once we had a clean baby again, then I went for round 2 of the food. We ate way too much food and enjoyed the beautiful view of the water from our table. After about 2 hours of sitting and eating, the wait staff was starting to give us bad looks and eyeing the table. So, we ventured outside to relax on the rocking chairs off the main deck.Carter was LOVING the sun!Family shot (it was a little bright, excuse the squinty eyes)The view.

After walking around a bit, we headed home, ran some more errands and ended the night with a relaxing walk around the neighborhood. Carter got to enjoy some avocados for dinner that night too!Thank you Matt and Carter for such a fun day! I love you both so much and feel so incredibly blessed to have you in my life.

1 comments:

Heather May 11, 2010 at 7:46 AM  

that looks like so much fun! such a sweet hubby and you are such a great mom.

Post a Comment