Sweet potatoes.

>> May 2, 2010

We decided a while back that we were going to wait until Carter was 6 months old before starting solid foods. But, as he has proven time and time again, he's a little advanced for his age! He was supporting his head at 3 weeks, rolled over at 4 weeks and is now the size of an 8 month old! Since he was showing every sign in the book he was ready for some adult food, we gave in. We thought it'd be a great present for his 5th month birthday (tomorrow). First I thought I'd try out a breastmilk ice cube in the mesh feeder. He loved it!

I've been reading a lot about making homemade baby food and am really excited about it. I found this great website: http://www.wholesomebabyfood.com/ that has a ton of recipes and tips. Not only is it healthier, but making your own food is much cheaper and so much fun! So, last night I whipped up my first batch of sweet potatoes. This morning we tested it out.

Getting used to the spoon.Inspecting the first biteAfter all the anticipation, he's not thrilled.Oh wait, maybe he does like it!Wait, maybe not.Let's just keep trying...Carter finally decided to just grab the spoon out of my hand and feed himself!
A little messy, but overall I'd say it was successful!

1 comments:

Chad and Cate Kuhlmann May 3, 2010 at 10:28 AM  

So cute! I loved that website too...it was very helpful! It's well worth it to make your own food...keep it up!

Post a Comment