1st Fathers Day.

>> June 21, 2010

To celebrate Matt's 1st Fathers Day I wanted to make the day extra special. It started out with some delicious homemade cinnamon rolls. I only make these once a year and they are so delicious! We ended up giving most of them away to Matt's co-workers because we couldn't justify eating 2 whole pans...although we wanted to!

Matt spent the morning playing with Carter. These 2 love each other so much!I bought Matt a new Seahawks sweatshirt and a matching one for Carter. I think they are pretty cute.I had planned to take Matt on a picnic lunch up at Birch Bay for the day. But, we all know Pacific Northwest weather doesn't like to cooperate all the time (seriously, when is summer going to come?) so we ditched the plans and went to Costco. Haha - I know, a little lame but it was on the to-do list.
We spent the rest of the day relaxing around the house...something we don't often do. It worked out for the best because Carter had another one of his memorable blow-outs (remember his Mother's Day explosion?!?) so it was nice to be home when it happened!I'd say it was a pretty great day. I love my 2 boys so much and believe Carter really does have the best daddy in the world!
Carter didn't want me to feel left out so he gave me one of his famous kisses, full of drool, to make sure I felt loved.

4 comments:

Caity June 21, 2010 at 9:22 PM  

I like that Carter times his blow outs as little gifts to his parents on special days. How thoughtful!

Also, next time you make those cinnamon rolls share them with me instead of the office mates. Guess I've got to wait an entire you though.

Caity June 21, 2010 at 9:22 PM  

i meant an entire "year" not "you". :S

Chad and Cate Kuhlmann June 22, 2010 at 9:00 AM  

So Cute! Your not allowed to post pictures of yummy food...when you have pregnant friends read your blog!!!
And I love that baby kiss...there is seriously nothing better in life than a kiss with that mush drool.

Heather June 22, 2010 at 8:01 PM  

you are such a good wifey! so cute. and what is up...carter is getting so big!!!

Post a Comment