Birthday Weekend.

>> June 28, 2010

This years birthday was much more mellow than years past. I didn't have a party, I didn't even have a cake. It seemed to fall during a busy time and the weather didn't cooperate which changed our plans several times. At the end of the day, it turned out to be a relaxing day enjoying the little things in life.

Saturday afternoon our wonderful friend, Karlie, babysat for us for a few hours. Our friends have asked time and time again to babysit and we finally accepted the offer (by the way - I think we'll start using your services more often!). We decided to go furniture shopping. Matt's parents gave us their old couch when we got married....and I mean old. It has been a great couch over the years, but it was definitely time to be replaced!

Before.

After!
Sunday morning, Matt let me sleep in and then made french toast with fresh berries. It was delicous!
Matt bought me a beautiful flower hanging basket too! Anyone who knows me knows that I don't enjoy gardening. In fact I hate it. Pulling weeds, watering, and getting on my hands and knees in the dirt is so unappealing. So, the 2nd half of my present was a promise for Matt to water the flowers and make sure they don't die! That was the best present of all!!Carter spent the weekend chewing on anything he could get his hands on. Poor little guy is having his 2nd tooth come in and it's killing him!We also spent some time on the floor. Carter can now scoot backwards anywhere he wants to go, but just can't figure out the forward motion. Yoshi got to have a bath and a haircut, then just relaxed.And finally, Carter got to spend some quality time with his Dada - he still can't/won't say Mama. Oh well....luckily he's cute!

3 comments:

Heather June 28, 2010 at 8:32 AM  

oh that is such a cute couch. and you are such a cute birthday girl! happy birthday!

Caity June 28, 2010 at 11:52 AM  

love the new couch and Carter's adorable orange striped pjs!

Chad and Cate Kuhlmann June 29, 2010 at 11:52 AM  

Happy Birthday Julie!!! And yes, that couch is pretty cute!

Post a Comment