A Winter Onederland Party!

>> January 6, 2013

I had this really wonderful post about Lucy's first birthday party and when I hit the "publish" button it all just disappeared.  Ugh!  So, here we go again!

Knowing that Christmas comes just 5 days after Lucy's birthday and we have another fun birthday to celebrate the same month I started planning Lucy's party months in advance.  After browsing Pinterest I decided to go with a Winter ONEderland theme!  It's become quite popular but still fun.  
Of course, just days before the party, Lucy got sick with her first ear infection and the doctor said no kids allowed at the party.  I was so sad.  Sad for my little girl getting sick but also just disappointed that all my time, energy and money was sort of wasted.  I had already planned, purchased and prepped a super cute hot chocolate bar, sugar cookie decorating station, candy cane playdoh party favors and many more snowflakes littering the house. And, Carter got sick for his first birthday too (hmmm...a birthday curse?!?) so I thought Lucy's party could be some sort of redemption! I was wrong.
Instead, I called the grandparents and said the party was still on.  Just a much smaller version.  And we had fun.  Celebrated. Reminisced about a fantastic year. And watched our baby girl turn one.
Happy Birthday Lucy!

My attempt at a winter themed homemade Happy Birthday bunting banner.  For not having an ounce of craftiness in my body, I loved how it turned out.

A year in pictures.  This was probably Plan D for how I envisioned it but ended up loving it.
Someone wanted to help me decorate!
Homemade snowflake sugar cookies.
Snowman cupcakes with homemade buttercream frosting (my new obsession!)
The birthday girl!
The cake!
Lucy had just woken up from a nap, still had some pain in her ears and really only wanted to cuddle with me at the beginning of the party.  So, not much love for Matt.
Showing off her new dress and candy cane babylegs!
I absolutely love Carter's face in this picture!  haha!

This next series of pictures cracks me up.  Time for her birthday cupcake and she wasn't quite sure what to think.
Still thinking about it.
Now just terrified.
Really hates her life.
Tastes a little frosting....
And she approves!

And licked the plate clean.


It ended up being a mellow but fun day.  Still can't believe my baby girl is one!


0 comments:

Post a Comment