The Lights of Christmas.

>> December 9, 2013

This past weekend we went with Matt's parents to the Lights of Christmas at Warm Beach Camp.  I've always heard good things and I wasn't disappointed.  It was beautiful!  
It was also VERY cold.  Like 18 degrees cold.  We decided it was worth it to bundle up and walk around for a fun night out.
Lucy wasn't too sure at first.  Even though she was toasty warm with lots of layers and blankets she gave me the evil eye when we first started walking.
 We waited inside for a bit while Matt's dad bought tickets.
 Then we headed out.  There were so many lights (duh….they advertise over a million) but I couldn't believe how detailed and intricate everything was.  And it's all done by volunteers.  Amazing!
 Matt's parents were so kind to bundle up and walk with us. They were a huge help too because Lucy seemed to spend every moment in their arms instead of mine!
 The petting zoo was empty when we got there so the kids were able to pet all the animals right away.


 Every tree, bush, rock and building were covered in lights.  They did a great job coming up with some cute displays.
 I love this picture of them!
 Lucy loved the nativity and kept saying, "baby!  baby!"

 After a while Carter wanted a turn in the warm stroller.
 And finally, at the end was a visit to see Santa.  I was so impressed with 1) that Carter actually wanted to see him, 2) he waited patiently in line 3) he didn't cry and 4) he actually talked to him!
He still wanted me by his side but this was major progress from last year.

 He told him he wanted the Frozen DVD and Santa was smart enough to know that movie wasn't out on DVD yet so we chose a new Pirate Jake toy instead.  Good choice Carter.
 And a candy cane at the end. As we were walking away Carter looked up and said, "Mom, I was a little nervous.  I didn't really know what was happening but I just went along with it anyways."  Haha!  Funny kid.

0 comments:

Post a Comment