two.

>> December 19, 2013

Posting this a day early, but I couldn't wait.

She's 2!  My sweet, little, quiet baby is now two.  Gosh that went fast. I find myself reliving her "birth" day in my head all the time because it was just the perfect day.  2 years ago this little lady came out fast and instantly wrapped her hand around my finger.  And we've been stuck like glue ever since.


At 2 she is still the most cuddly child I know.  Every morning and afternoon she needs/craves/has to cuddle at least 10 minutes after waking up.  Sucking her thumb, twirling her hair and just relaxing in the warm, quiet moment.  And I'll never, ever get tired of it. She's cautious and quiet.  She likes to study the scene and take it all in before participating.  She loves to be social, but only when she's ready. She's beautiful. And not just the adorable face, long, soft hair and skinny little legs, but such a tender, beautiful heart on the inside.  She adores her brother and wants to be just like him. She adores her Daddy even more.  But deep down she's always been a mama's girl….I love it.

Lucy, you are the perfect piece to our family's puzzle.  You are silly and smiley and love to dance like a ballerina.  You might not have many words yet but you always know how to be heard. You have this sweet look in your eyes when you see someone you love and it just melts their heart. You like to climb, slide, have tea parties, play with your babies, cuddle and dance. You aren't so fond of your car seat, scary monsters (can't blame you!), loud noises or strangers.  You would choose to eat carbs and fruit all day every day if you could. You aren't a great sleeper…just like your mama you are a morning person and always have been.  It's quite annoying at times but I've learned to accept it and appreciate the smiles, even at 5am.  And you are soooo two!  You are learning your voice, your independence, your choices and your wants. You have discovered how to test limits.  You are smart.  You understand much more than we give you credit for sometimes.  I love how you can sit and color.  Your brother never did that and it's amazing how well you focus. And most importantly, you are becoming the greatest little Lucy I could have ever dreamed of. 

Happy 2nd Birthday my sweet girl.  I love you to pieces!




0 comments:

Post a Comment