lucy = three.

>> December 18, 2014

In 2 days my baby girl will be three. Three years ago we welcomed this little sweetheart into our family and it completely transformed us. We were used to having a loud, active toddler boy and suddenly a cuddly, calm, cozy girl was in our lives. I am amazed at how quickly 3 years have passed. And each year goes faster than the last. I can not even imagine our lives without Lucy. She brings so much joy, laughter and love to our family. 


At 3 years old, Lucy loves all things babies. She is constantly cradling them, feeding them, putting them to bed, rocking them and singing to them. The other day I heard her say, "it's okay, mama's got you" to one of her babies. Cutest.thing.ever. (by the way, I don't say that and neither does the sitter so I'm not sure where she picked that up!). She loves Disney Princesses, Tinkerbell and Minnie Mouse. She loves to (still) suck her thumb and twirl her hair...or anyone's who is nearby. She loves to cuddle. A lot. After every nap we sit for 15 minutes just cozying up to each other. It's one of my favorite times of the day. She's a thinker, a talker and a joker. She loves animals. She loves books. She really loves her brother. She could eat peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for every meal. She's great at puzzles and loves to swing. She is cautious, thoughtful, a rule follower, neat and tidy, stubborn at times and has the biggest heart. 


Lucy - Happy 3rd Birthday to my favorite girl. You are one of my best friends and I love how we can just have conversations together - in the car, at the store, in your room. You are a great shopping buddy and have so much patience for others. I love your sweet giggle, your giant hugs, your silly jokes and your kind heart. You had a big year. You finished speech therapy with the great SLP Miss Katie and I am amazed at how much you've grown, learned and now speak. You mastered riding your tricycle. You potty trained yourself! You took swim lessons and were praised on how well you listened, held your breath and glided through the water. You made new friends, went on hikes, and were a pro camping out in the woods. You spent 6 hours on an airplane flying across the country and never made a fuss. You grew up and it was so fun to watch. 
You are going to have a big year ahead too- becoming a big sister. I can't imagine anyone who will do a better job than you. You were made to be a mini-mama. You are a helper, by nature and I couldn't get through the day without you sometimes. You will get to start gymnastics lessons, soccer and more swimming. I hope this year, as you grow, we get to learn new things together but still keep our same favorite routines. I will never tire of singing "Jesus Loves Me" to you each night as you twirl my hair and give me a kiss. I'm so thankful God chose me to be your mama. 
We love you Lucy Lu....Happy Birthday Sweetheart.

0 comments:

Post a Comment