back to work.

>> March 31, 2010

Change is never easy, but always necessary. After having an amazing 4 months of maternity leave, I have to return to work tomorrow morning. I have been dreading this day since I had Carter. I just love being at home with him. It is such a joy to watch him play, discover, laugh and learn new things every day. The last 4 months have been some of the happiest moments of my life (I'm not completely naive - there were difficult moments too!) and I will always cherish that time I had with my beautiful baby.


Tomorrow a new routine will begin. Playing with new friends, napping at a new place, drinking from a bottle - changes Carter will adapt to. Balancing work and baby, husband and dog, friends and home - changes I will somehow learn to manage.

Carter - you are such a blessing in our lives. You are sweet, silly, cuddly and smart. You amaze me at how advanced you are for your age. Your smile melts my heart. To us, you are perfect.

3 comments:

Caity March 31, 2010 at 3:46 PM  

Julie, good luck tomorrow! I know you aren't especially looking forward too, but I hope it will have good things in this new life of balancing work and being a mom. And...I love your kid. Such a good little guy!

Heather April 3, 2010 at 9:03 AM  

you are an awesome mom! hope the new back to work thing is going well! love you and miss you.

Chad and Cate Kuhlmann April 5, 2010 at 10:52 AM  

I hope things are going well! I can't believe you had 4 months off...usually it's 3.

Post a Comment