life at home.

>> June 15, 2012

These pictures show just a little glimpse of what a great life we have.  Staying at home playing, learning, loving and growing. 

I have, like many, become somewhat addicted to Pinterest.  I seem to go a few days without logging on and then make up for it in about 20 minutes with 125 pins.  I have been pretty successful with the baked goods (my co-workers, Matt, Matt's co-workers and our freezer can thank me for that) but have been not so lucky with some of the kid activities.  For example, I thought Carter would love this "clean" version of finger painting (paint in a bag and smash it all around).  Nope, he hated it.  Turns out the kids likes to get messy.  15 seconds later he figured out how to take off the tape and try to open the bag.  Pinterest fail.
 Lucy continues to make my heart melt every time she smiles.  Teething has officially started and while we haven't seen anything pop through yet, the fingers/toys/bibs/socks/feet being shoved in her mouth have let us know she's not loving it.  Yet, she continues to smile and laugh.
 And, she's such a good little sister.  Carter has become a fan of dressing her up in his hats.  After the Cat in the Hat she got to be a fireman, pilot, construction worker and chef!
 No official crawling yet but she's mastered spinning around in circles on her playmate.  When Carter was this age I was so excited for him to start moving.  Now, I still like her immobility.  Don't' get me wrong, I love watching her meet each new milestone but the day she starts crawling one direction and Carter runs in the opposite direction I'll realize the "simple" days are over.
 Carter has and continues to be such a good helper in the kitchen.  I finally let him enjoy licking the beaters and spatula the other day.  This is a big moment because I remember my mom always letting me lick the beaters when she was finished baking.  I love it!  (Don't worry, no raw eggs in this mix, just some marshmallow fluff!)
 On our 1 nice summer-ish day Lucy got to experience grass for the first time.  A little curious, a little hesitant and a little confusion.  We'll keep trying.

 Brother and sister play time.
 A rare moment when both kids are happy, entertained and quiet.  It only lasted about 2 minutes but I loved watching it.
And that's our home life!

0 comments:

Post a Comment