an all-American weekend.

>> July 10, 2014

 I've been saying this for a while but I think we should just make 4th of July the 1st Friday of July every year. Besides technically it's called Independence Day so it shouldn't matter if the day falls on the 4th or not.  It's so nice to have it on a Friday because you automatically get a 3 day weekend and can stay up late to watch fireworks!  Anyways…enough about that.
We headed up to the beach house for the weekend.  It's the perfect getaway to watch fireworks because you can sit on the deck and look out over the water to see a great show…and it's free! 


 We spent the weekend playing at the beach, going to the park, playing tag in the yard and going for lots of walks around the neighborhood.  Lucy got to spend some quality time with Grandpa Tom too.  He's been teaching her a few games on his IPad which she loves!

 Carter took a turn with the camera and I was actually really impressed with his skills.  He took both of these all by himself!
 We spent a whopping $4 on fireworks this year for the kids. 2 boxes of pop-its and a bag of those pull the string noisemakers.  The kids thought they were in fireworks heaven!


 We ended the night with some homemade apple pie (Carter's choice…until he realized he didn't like the crust) before staying up late to watch fireworks.  The kids finally went to sleep around 10:30 and of course were up bright at early at 6am….lucky me.
 The rest of the weekend was spent relaxing and finishing a few puzzles.  I was so proud of my 100 piece Toy Story puzzle I completed when the kids gave up after 2 minutes.  I never just sit and finish things like this so it was a big deal…until Matt made fun of me for making it a big deal.  Whatever, I was excited!


 And…the America's cutest cheerleader!  Happy 4th of July!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment