an eventful may.

>> May 30, 2017

Now that the weather is improving we are spending more and more time outdoors, taking full advantage of these longer days. I think all of our moods improve when we can be outside. We go for more family walks, eat dinner on the back deck, play in the backyard until bedtime and run around the cul-de-sac. It's always the perfect reset button when kids (or parents!) get a little grouchy. 
Matt and I are making more of an effort to do stay in date nights. Since babysitters are expensive and we don't have the opportunity to get out much, making a better effort to have a nice meal together after the kids go to bed is a welcome treat. It takes a little extra planning but shutting off the tv, leaving chores for the next day and just spending time together has been so nice. Plus, some delicious wine and baked brie is always a good thing.

 These classic PNW kids don't mind if it's 65 degrees or 85 degrees. If the suns out they are begging for swimsuits and water. While we haven't gotten the pool out yet the sprinkler has been turned on quite a few times!
 Matt had to go to a fancy work event a few weeks ago. While he got dressed up and enjoyed a delicious dinner and auction with co-workers I stayed home and had a movie night. At the end of the night, I think I had more fun!
 Mother's Day was spent receiving fun little gifts from the kids, a delicious steak dinner and lots of family time. Just the way I like it!

 These brothers....they definitely keep me on my toes. But there is never a dull moment!
Lucy finished another workbook last week, this time one full of sight words. She can now recognize/read over 30 words and is so excited to keep learning more. She is SO ready for kindergarten and I can't wait to see how much fun she has. I'm going to miss her terribly during the day but can't wait to see how much she keeps growing and learning.

 Our amazing sitter sends me pictures each week of the fun adventures she's doing with the kids while I'm at work. It's so fun to see them exploring and having fun, knowing they are well taken care of. We've been so blessed by wonderful moms and friends who love on our kids while I'm at work.

 One of my good friends and I signed up for a local cooking class a few weeks ago. It was the perfect girls night. We had such a good time learning how to make homemade gnocchi and eating it was amazing! Can't wait to do another class this summer.

It doesn't matter how hard the day is, having popsicles on a sunny afternoon makes everything better!
I love these people so much.

Last Sunday it was so hot we headed to one of the local beaches nearby. The kids played in the sand, swam with their clothes on and then we did a quick change before going out to dinner. Such a fun afternoon.


Only a few weeks left of school and then I get to spend the summer playing with all 3 kids. I can't wait to send more time with them checking things off our summer bucket list!



0 comments:

Post a Comment