a weekend with my BFFs.

>> August 7, 2017

For my birthday this year Matt got me the best gift ever. While I love getting date nights with him and even the rare overnight away I hardly ever have girl time. Usually girl time involves play dates while I try to catch up with a friend as 6 small children run crazily around us. But for the past 6 months Matt has been emailing my 2 best friends back and forth to coordinate dates, book a condo and plan a weekend away. It was so thoughtful and such an incredible time to spend with my closest and longest friends.
They arrived at my house on Friday morning and we headed out!

 After a quick stop for lunch we arrived at this beautiful condo right in the middle of the charming town of Leavenworth. We were able to walk everywhere, it had a/c (which was super important on a 102 degree day!) and huge for the 3 of us!

 We snacked for a bit, talked and then talked some more before heading out to shop. Leavenworth is such a cute little town. Lots of eclectic stores to walk through, tons of restaurants and these beautiful flowers lining every storefront.
 Of course when you are with your best friends, things get a little silly. We've known each other for over 30 years and I couldn't love these girls more. We laugh so hard together, are honest, share memories and stories and can literally talk for hours. It's really the best thing ever.



 We spent our time talking (have you noticed a theme?!), shopping, eating and walking the town. We squeezed in a little yoga, walk down to the beach, face masks and even a river tubing adventure! The weekend couldn't have been any better. It was so magical!





 The river tubing was a huge highlight. We had a late afternoon reservation and didn't have to be part of a guided group which meant we could float down the river on our own, at our own pace and chat the entire time. It was so fun!



 Late night talks with ice cream were a big favorite too! I don't remember the last time I stayed up so late.











A huge thanks to Matt for making this weekend happen. We've already decided this needs to be an annual tradition and can't wait to plan our next trip. Love you Heather and Katy!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment