Carter, the flu and his birthday.

>> December 5, 2010

I have been anxiously awaiting Carter's 1st birthday. I started planning his party 2 months ago, had invitations out 1 month ago and have been working almost every night on little details for his cute little robot party. I was SO excited! Little did I know our plans would change big time. 2 days before Carter's birthday he got very sick! We ended up at the late night clinic after 10 episodes of projectile vomit. Luckily, medicine helped stop the vomiting but the poor little guy had diarrhea for the next 2 days followed by no appetite, no energy and just miserable all-around.

Even though we all got the flu shot this year we seemed to catch a strain that wasn't included in the shot. To make matter's worse, Matt caught Carter's flu and was vomiting the night before Carter's birthday and in bed all day on his birthday. He really wasn't even awake to wish him a happy birthday. It was then that I knew his party would be cancelled. I was so sad!!! Probably for the better since I then caught it and was sick the next day! Ugh!

Luckily, Grandma Vance came to the rescue to help take care of all of us. Unfortunately, she got sick too!
Some of the cute robot decorations I put up the night before all the vomiting began.

Carter's month-by-month memory wall.

The finished look.I'm not really the crafty type so this was a big project for me. I thougth it turned out pretty well. Unfortunately, no one was able to see it other than Matt and his mom. Oh well.
Carter spent the entire day in his pjs, ate nothing but a little juice and some jello and took a few long naps. Not the day I had planned for but I was still able to get a few smiles out of him.
Checking out his new rocking horse. He LOVES it!
Carter's room is decorated in robots. Grandma and Grandpa Vance bought him this amazing robot rug for his room. We love it!!!
Opening up presents from Grandma and Grandpa.
More presents!
Of course he liked the wrapping paper more than the actual gift.

Even though it wasn't the ideal birthday it was still nice to all be home together (okay, so Matt thought he was going to die in bed and I was exhastued and Carter was lethargic), but hey, I'm trying to stay positive! There's always next year!

4 comments:

Chad and Cate Kuhlmann December 5, 2010 at 10:19 PM  

Cute crafts...and I love the nuts and bolts! Sorry you were all so sick.

Heather December 6, 2010 at 11:07 AM  

so sad you guys were sick. but glad you feeling better. and that robot rug is to die for!!!

Jess ~ Team Pigweed January 1, 2011 at 9:14 PM  

Hi! I am doing a robot room for my 18 month old's new room and I LOVE that robot rug! I found one like it but the colors are much darker than yours. Could you share where the grandparents got the rug? Thanks!! (PS...adorable crafts!!!)

Vance Family Adventures January 8, 2011 at 7:18 PM  

They bought it at Tuesday Morning! Thanks!

Post a Comment