One.

>> December 3, 2010

I am super behind on blogging and I promise to update our life when I have a "free" moment. But, I couldn't help blogging about Carter's first birthday. One. We now have a one year old. Seems so strange to say. How did this year go by so fast? I've been very emotional all week, remembering what life was like a year ago at this time, reflecting on all we've learned (and still have to learn!). I've looked at newborn pictures over and over, replayed the big day in my head and just sit in amazement at all that has happened.

Exactly one year ago at this time Matt was driving me to the hospital. I remember feeling excited, anxious, nervous. If only I knew I still had 17 hours of labor left once I'd get there. I remember thinking we'd leave as two but come home as a family of 3.
You've had so many firsts. You're first Christmas where you slept through pretty much everything. The first time you rolled over on New Years Eve. The first time you smiled, laughed, crawled, walked. You have grown from a baby to a little boy.

Carter - you have brought such joy to our lives. You are a perfect blend of the 2 of us. Your smile melts my heart. The way you run to me from across the room with your hands held out, the way you fall asleep in my arms, your giggle....it's perfect. I'm so proud to call you my son.

I love the way you:
Lay your head on our shoulders when you are tired.
Give the wettest, sloppiest open-mouth kisses on our cheeks...every time we ask!
Sleep on your tummy with your butt sticking up in the air.
Get a big grin on your face when you see the Cheerios box.
"Pet" Yoshi and bring him toys.
Run to the door when Daddy comes home.

We love you so much! Happy 1st Birthday!!!

1 comments:

carrie and brandon glanzer December 3, 2010 at 10:09 PM  

happy first birthday carter;) congrats on surviving year one of parenthood! we love you guys!!!

Post a Comment