rainboots and the zoo.

>> July 17, 2011

(this post is a bit scattered. Ignore this picture until you read about our day at the zoo...it'll make a lot more sense!)

Let's be honest. For those of us living in Western Washington, this summer has been awful. One nice day and then 5 rainy, cold, dreary days. As I post this blog it's currently 60 degrees and pouring down rain....in the middle of July! Needless to say, Carter is a little confused when it comes to getting dressed in the morning. Luckily, his rainboots still fit since he will happily splash in any puddle he sees! Matt is turning the big 3-0 this week. We already went to Hawaii (thanks Vance's!) in May for an early celebration, but wanted to continue celebrating this weekend. Luckily, the crummy weather held out long enough for us to go to the zoo. We both haven't been to Pt. Defiance Zoo in years. It was a super fun day!
Right when we arrived this beautiful peacock greeted us. Carter loved seeing the animals but could have probably stayed in the Kids Fun Zone all day long. Slides, a spray park, jungle gym and lots of space to run around and get out all that energy!





Climbing the spiders' web. There was a small petting zoo area to feed the goats. We were both a little hesitant at first (notice me keeping his fingers as far away as possible from the hungry goat!) Then we both warmed up to the idea. And, he loved it! So did the goats. They were crazy for that food!Matt's parents and brother joined us for the day. I didn't really take any other pictures of animals partly because I think we've all seen a monkey and tiger in our life and there isn't really a need for me to post a picture of one on this blog.



Grandpa Vance and Carter enjoying the penguins. We couldn't end the day without buying something at the gift shop. Carter's first zookeeper hat. I think I have a great idea for a halloween costume!Our attempt at a family picture. We were all a bit tired and hungry at this point so someone wasn't too interested in capturing a family memory. Oh well. (see first picture - for some reason I couldn't for the life of me get that darn picture to move down here!)

We ended the day with dinner at the Old Spaghetti Factory, my favorite restaurant! Matt is such a great husband he let me decide where to go for his birthday dinner! Delicious food, good family and a big birthday surprise. Of course I forgot to take a picture but I surprised Matt with a flight & tickets to go see the Seahawks play the Cowboys at their new stadium in Dallas in Novemer. He is so excited! And I was even more excited for keeping it a secret for so long...I'm horrible with secrets!

Grandpa and Grandma walking to dinner. Patiently waiting for our table. Such a fun day. Happy (early) 30th Birthday Matt!!!

1 comments:

Shani July 22, 2011 at 8:40 PM  

What a little cutie. Aili loves zoo trips, too, especially feeding/petting the animals. She can relate to their love of food!
And I am going to say that's a GIRL in that there bump :-)

Post a Comment