just because.

>> March 3, 2013

There isn't really a story or theme with this post, other than I have some pictures that I couldn't just leave sitting in IPhoto to never be seen again.
So, here you go.

Lucy has been extra curious lately.  Especially in the kitchen.  It started a few months ago when she was finally tall enough to reach into the "kid" silverware/lid drawer.  From then on, every.single.spoon. would end up being dropped onto the floor.  Over and over and over again. 
Now she's moved on to ziploc bags.
And straws too.
 And the dishwasher.  Just to keep me on my toes!
The other day I had to take Lucy to the doctor.  It was a ridiculous wait to see the doctor.  You know it's been a long time (ended up being over 45 minutes!) waiting in the tiny room with 2 young kids when Carter isn't even interested in playing with my phone anymore.  After asking him not to touch the computer about 58 times I gave in and let him "play doctor."  He felt very important and said that's what he wanted to be when he grows up!

 Lucy has been loving this little piano.  She always reminds me of Linus from Charlie Brown when she sits and plays.  So cute!
 And, just some pictures from a really great day last week.  Carter got his haircut and sat still while listening to the stylist the entire time.  Lucy quietly played with toys during the 20 minutes and I felt like Mom of the Year.  So, we went to the bookstore to read when we were finished.  Carter just loves reading and would have stayed another hour if I would have let him!
 Then we headed to the local toy store next to the book store.  The kids quietly played, picked up when they were finished and Carter even said thank you when we left!  I know these are just ordinary things but when they happen over and over again in the same day it makes me feel like he actually does listen to me when I'm teaching him about manners.  It was a super fun afternoon....for all of us!
 Matt's Aunt Sharon recently went to DisneyWorld and sent the kids each their own box of souvenirs. It was filled with tons of fun Mickey stuff including these adorable mouse ears.  Now I'm dreaming of the day we can take the kids to Disneyworld!

0 comments:

Post a Comment