playdoh.

>> March 22, 2013

Carter is finally getting into arts and crafts.  Just a little.  Like 10 minutes a day.  And only some days.  But, I'll take it!  
He particularly likes playdoh because he gets to play with knives (don't worry, only plastic knives).  Actually the conversation went something like this:  
C: Mom, can I play with knives?
Me: What?  No!  Knives are dangerous.  
C: But, Miss Jessica (babysitter) lets me play with knives!
Me: Umm. no Carter.  I don't think she does.
C: Yes, she lets Connor and I.  Those white knives.
And then I realized he meant plastic knives and finally figured it out. 
Lucy got in on the action too.  And only ate a little bit!
Mixing all the colors together!  My type A, organized, neat freak personality cringed inside when I watched him do this.  I'm very much the type who keeps every color separate and only plays with one color at a time.
Carter is completely opposite.  And to be honest, it was kinda fun to watch him mix certain colors together and make rainbow playdoh.  Now we just have 6 cans of the same rainbow playdoh.  But he's happy and really, it's just playdoh.
And just another silly smile.  Some days I wonder if he'll ever smile without scrunching up his entire face.  But, it's so cute I don't really mind.

And, window markers that got a little less on the windows and more on his face!

1 comments:

Post a Comment