blessed.

>> September 13, 2015

My heart is heavy right now. Usually this blog is reserved for fun, sweet memories of my beautiful family so we can look back years from now and remember these years. But right now I need to take a moment and stop to remember how incredibly blessed I am. I have an amazing husband who works so hard to provide for our family. I have 3 great kids who challenge me every day, make me laugh and have taught me how to love unconditionally. I have a job that I love and has given me the flexibility to be home more with my kids but still push me to grow in nursing and education. We have a new home, that although still has an endless list of projects to be completed, provides a roof over our heads to keep us warm and safe. I have friends, so many friends, who are thoughtful, kind, loving and so generous. The kids have great schools, we have cars, toys and so so much more. I am blessed.

And yet, some of my closest friends aren't so fortunate right now. This past week I have had two friends find themselves in unthinkable situations and another who continues to fight after years of dealing with a debilitating illness. So this post is for them. It's a reminder to us all to count our blessings, because you never know what life will bring. 

My friend, Suzanne, has been fighting Lyme disease now for almost 5 years. She struggles daily with nausea, pain, fatigue and a host of other unimaginable issues. She has 2 young kids who have literally grown up watching their mom be sick, nearly every.single.day. 
My college roommate, Meagan, is pregnant with her first baby and has just this week been put on bedrest at UW to be monitored for IUGR. Her sweet little girl Olivia will most likely be born prematurely and spend time in the NICU. Meagan and her husband live in Yakima so they are now away from friends, work and home. 
And just yesterday I learned of my close high school friend, Sarah, who just delivered her 4th baby 1 month ago. After having 3 boys she had a baby girl, Harper, who is beyond adorable. During her pregnancy she discovered a lump in her breast, it was biopsied when Harper was 2 weeks old and she has been diagnosed with Grade 3 Invasive Ductal Breast Cancer, which her oncologist has said is very aggressive. She starts a long treatment of chemo in 3 days. 

And as I watch these strong women, these moms fight for their lives, I am just amazed by their strength and hope. For the few people who read this blog, please consider visiting their GoFundMe pages, learn more about their story, pray and consider donating. I just can't imagine being in any of their shoes right now. 

And I'll continue to remember how blessed I truly am. 









0 comments:

Post a Comment