Happy 7th Birthday Carter!

>> December 1, 2016

In the hustle and bustle of the busy holiday season I almost put off writing this post. I'm trying to catch up from posting our life in November and have parties to plan, work to prep for, laundry to fold and presents to wrap. But I knew I wanted to write something to document this next milestone. I think I'm just in denial. How can he be 7?!? I know I wrote this exact sentence a year ago when he turned 6 and then I blinked and he will be 7 in 2 days. This year was huge for him. Carter is growing up so fast, is learning so much and I continue to be amazed by him. Finishing kindergarten, 2 long seasons of soccer with an extra soccer camp in the summer, starting first grade, mastering reading, starting basketball, making new friends, trying to new adventures, helping take care of his brother and sister and all around just being a fantastic kid. He's no longer a little boy, he's now a boy. He runs hard, plays hard, gets dirty and sweaty, makes incredible sound effects for legos and figurines. He loves to read. All.the.time. He went up 8 reading levels in less than a year and chooses to curl up on the couch with a big pile of books every day just enter into new worlds and ideas. He loves legos and creating new things from broken sets. He loves adventures. Whether its a hike, bike ride, climbing a tree, going to the beach or just visiting a park...he somehow has this ability to make the trip more exciting and new and different each time. He loves his friends and continues to be so loyal to those around him. He is obsessed with Harry Potter. He has discovered this new world in those books, one that has captured his imagination and created an amazing obsession for learning more, reading more and knowing more. I couldn't be more proud of how he's committed himself to reading the series and now the follow up books, simply because he has a desire to learn more. He's brave. So brave. We had some medical concerns over this year and despite me feeling absolutely terrified at times he was courageous and strong. He's handsome, kind, funny, loud, energetic and now he's 7. Happy Birthday Carter. You are simply the best Carter you can be and I will continue to thank God for letting me be your mom. It's truly the best gift in the world and I can't wait to celebrate you this week!










0 comments:

Post a Comment