my mom weekend.

>> May 15, 2018

 It's been a really great last couple of days. The weather is beyond beautiful with temps in the 70s and 80s, sunlight until late at night and everyone spending time outside. The kids are enjoying all the spring activities, we've had some really fun family time and enjoyed delicious food every day. I really can't complain. Mother's Day weekend started with some fun dress up around the house, Lucy's school musical performance and a playdate for Simon. I love how he's really starting to make his own friends (and that they are younger siblings from the big kids friends so playdates are super easy!). He is so funny to listen to when he talks to his friends about sports or food, 2 & 3 year old boys are hilarious!




 Friday night has now shifted from family movie night (now on Saturdays!) to flag football games. It was a gorgeous night and the boys were incredible! I think the final score was 28-0, Carter was all over the field playing great defense and even scored a rushing touchdown. Such a great team!


 We came home from the game and the kids excitedly showed me their school Mother's Day gifts they had made. I love, love, love them!

 Handwritten notes, a little personalized notepad, paintings and cards. All so sweet and perfect.
 Saturday morning we were right back to the sports fields for Lucy's first soccer game of the season. They also won! She got to play goalie for a quarter, almost scored a goal and had such a great time with her team.


 Saturday afternoon this little baseball lover sported his new shirt while playing outside, he's so obsessed and can't wait for t-ball to start, only a few more weeks! I got to spend some time shopping (alone!) which was greatly appreciated. While I love family time, being able to walk around a store alone is so nice sometimes.
 Mother's Day morning I woke up to this giant poster sitting on the kitchen table for me. The kids insisted on making this all by themselves and it was so cute. They now want me to hang it above my bed forever and ever and ever. Ha! I think we'll have to find another spot for it but definitely keeping this around.
 I had planned out the day and requested some delicious food, relaxing outside and good family time. And it was exactly that! I made this amazing sweet potato crusted sausage, onion and spinach quiche for breakfast (soooo good!), a picnic lunch and then our usual Mother's Day steak salad with balsamic, spinach and goat cheese. Yum!

 Lucy wanted to bake with me and found this recipe all on her own, made the entire thing and then we got to sample it later in the day. Mini lemon raspberry cheesecake bites...she's quite the baker! I've been thinking more and more about my dream to have a bakery (or at least sell baked goods somehow) and having her help makes it that much more fun.
 After breakfast and baking we headed to the beach. It was the perfect day to spend outside playing in the sand and water. We played football and frisbee, walked around the sand, built castles and just enjoyed the time together. After about 3 hours we were ready for a little treat and I had found just the place to try!











 This adorable little bakery in Greenlake serves coconut milk based ice cream and I was so excited to try it. It was delicious and we all enjoyed a little afternoon treat after a long day at the beach.


 We came home, kids played in the sprinkler, made dinner and headed to bed. I'm pretty blessed to have such an amazing family. There are so many days that are long, hard, exhausting, frustrating and I constantly question my parenting decisions but at the end of the day they are loved and happy and in reality, that's the most important thing. Happy Mother's Day to all the mamas out there, it's the hardest, most incredible job in the world.

0 comments:

Post a Comment