a month of baking.

>> December 27, 2018

Every December I take on the task of baking ALL the cookies. It's no easy feat between pulling off a daily advent tree activity for the kids, planning and throwing not 1 but 2 kid birthday parties, finishing up Christmas shopping, wrapping all the gifts and oh yeah...normal everyday things like cooking, cleaning and laundry. 
But, baking is my love language. I love it and love giving it away. I love waking early to turn on the oven and mix, chop and stir to create some sweet treat. I love getting the kids involved as we search recipes and measure ingredients. And so, while December is a bit crazy, I love baking more than a dozen types of cookies to share with those we love. 
So, here you have it. 2018's Christmas cookie selection.
Cranberry bliss bars! - gifted to all the staff at school.
 Spritz cookies and our fave's of the year - chewy ginger molasses.

 Mexican wedding cakes and dark chocolate peppermint bark.


 White chocolate peppermint bark (because..balance) and Lucy's fave - cranberry orange shortbread
 Fudgy chocolate crinkles!

 Traditional peanut butter blossoms.
 And a boxed variety all ready for friends and neighbors!


 Then it was on to cherry pistachio dark and white chocolate biscotti.
 And finally...our classic sugar cookies.










 The final spread. I forgot to take a count of how many actual dozens of cookies were baked but after giving away about 10 boxes to friends, teachers, family, neighbors and co-workers we still have a lot left at home. I think I'll take a break in January....at least for a few weeks!


0 comments:

Post a Comment